I am a student, professor, minister, husband, and daddy. Yeah, it keeps me busy. I started this blog to give me an opportunity to share my thoughts on issues related to music, academia, ministry, and life (and apparently ATI, as of April 2011). I blog about everything from current trends in church music and education to spiritual issues that I have been thinking about. I chose the name “The Podium of Life” for this blog because just as a conductor stands on a podium and gives direction, insight, and clarity to others, I want to live life in a way that helps others think through important issues that affect all of us.
- I’m working on my doctorate degree at Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary in Fort Worth, Texas. I plan to be finished there by 2013.
- I also teach conducting and voice at Southwestern. It’s one of the things I enjoy doing the most.
- I am the minister of worship and communications at Oak View Baptist Church in Irving, TX. I’m responsible for every facet of the music ministry, as well as all print, web, and a/v communications.
- I have been married for five years to my wonderful wife, Rashel, who is the most amazing help meet and spouse a guy could ask for.
- I have a 2-year-old daughter named Claire who is a bundle of energy and excitement (and a little boy due late June 2011). She helps keeps me grounded, cause to her I’m just a daddy.